Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We are seeking a new VP to join the team. This position leads all aspects of all elements of the financial performance of the rapidly growing Paramount International SVOD (P+ and other brands) business, which is a critical part of the overall Paramount Streaming investment and growth strategy. The VP P+ International Finance will be a strategic and operational finance business partner for the P+ International Leadership team.
Reporting to the SVP, Streaming Finance International, this position will manage a finance team of 16 comprising both direct reporting lines and indirect resources within other International Finance teams.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Strategic support and Business Partner for P+ Leadership team
• Develop open communication and positive relationships with leadership, operations and finance teams both within International and with the US, becoming a trusted partner to the leadership team
• Become the subject matter expert and senior point of contact for International P+ Finance,
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the global competitive context in which P+ operates
• Anticipate P+ business needs and influence decision-making via insightful analysis, narrative and recommendations
• Provide market insight, coordinate critical metric and P&L reporting, analytics and pacing analysis, and other financial business support to the P+ teams Internationally
• Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to drive the development and improvement of analytical tools and processes to support the business
• Business partner to the International P+ team, including provision of return-on-investment analysis and P+ argument and/or deal modeling, and internal benchmarking between regions
• Establish content analytics processes in collaboration with the US P+ and Paramount Studio teams in order to support effective and data driven global content decision making and strategy
• Facilitate knowledge sharing & standard methodology across finance teams, in particular around metrics, revenue and product. Provide guidance and support to regional teams in new launch territories to ensure steady integration into centralized finance processes
• Close liaison with the Streaming Affiliate COE (Center of Expertise) and P+ marketing and content teams. Also, cluster/regional Finance leads to ensure effective and streamlined collaboration and steady implementation of processes and policies
• Work with Controllers, Tax, Legal teams to determine requirements applicable to P+ and communicate these to the regional & COE teams
Financial Planning and Analysis and Reporting
• We oversee timely delivery of all P+ financial planning and reporting processes and outputs (eg LRP, AOP, monthly forecasts/financial reviews), ensuring effective communication across the teams supporting the P+ P&L and Metrics.
• Guide the P+ leadership team data-led decision making through constant monitoring, regular reporting of risks and opportunities, pacing of financial and non financial metrics, and provision of insightful analysis
• Maintain standardized frameworks and processes for global P+ forecasting across all parts of the P&L and critical metrics for use both internally for International, and in alignment with the United States P+ team.
• Lead the team in creating and maintaining dashboards and reporting outputs around streaming financial and non-financial metrics at both a consolidated level for reporting to Global teams, and at a regional level to ensure international consistency to support operational teams as well as both local and central decision making .
• Lead the Content COE team responsible for P+ programming forecasts for all regions and on a consolidated basis, providing direction and mentorship around prioritization and deliverables for the team and providing support and strategic business partnering to the Streaming Content Lead
• Coordinate the marketing Finance team in managing the forecasting process for all regions and on a consolidated basis.
• The ideal candidate will have broad financial experience in streaming, media, entertainment, technology or an adjacent industry.
• Bachelors degree
• Strong executive presence with effective communication, presentation and management skills
• Proven ability to excel in a fast-growing business, successful in navigating complex change in an unstructured environment to deliver results
• Strong analytical abilities and experience in supporting data-driven management decision making
• Commercially focused with a client service approach
• Extensive experience within a fast paced international organization
• Self-motivated self-started with a flexible dedication to achieve results
• Positive outlook and ambition to progress
• Location flexible between New York and London, some travel likely to be required
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9exz-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.