Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
We are looking for a Sr. Director, Content Planning & Strategy to join the Paramount Global streaming team, which includes all free, paid, and premium O&O streaming platforms worldwide (e.g., Paramount+, Pluto TV, Showtime, BET+, Noggin). This role, primarily focused on Content Planning & Strategy for Paramount+ and Pluto TV, is a tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly expanding field with a talented, innovative, collaborative team that inspires and rewards innovative ideas, creativity, technical aptitude, and critical thinking. The insights and analysis provided by this team will be crucial to the success of Paramount streaming services.
Paramount+ is a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service that combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series.
Reporting to the EVP, Streaming Content Analysis, this role will:
• Help develop, optimize, and execute the company's global streaming content investment and programming strategy
• Build analytical models, leveraging a combination of proprietary and 3rd party data sources, to identify global content portfolio needs and inform programming decisions to optimize subscriber acquisition, retention, and engagement
• Develop sophisticated frameworks and measurement techniques to inform make-or-break decisions for the company including long-term content investment allocation, portfolio management, series greenlight & renewal analysis, and ROI analysis
• Design, measure, project, and interpret key performance metrics for all programming on O&O streaming platforms and the associated impact on the subscription business
• Evaluate future development projects and library catalog titles in light of audience, scheduling, and portfolio needs and make holistic content investment & programming recommendations to senior management
• Be a key partner to programming, finance, business intelligence, strategy, content studios, and have direct exposure to executive management at Paramount Global
• BA/BS in a quantitative field required; MBA preferred
• 10 - 15+ years experience in a highly analytical role, including 5+ years at a DTC streaming service, digital media company, or subscription-based tech company
• Superior proficiency with valuation analysis, optimization modeling, portfolio management, and understanding of growth drivers in a subscription-based model
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills with the ability to build materials and present findings effectively at the executive management level
• Proven track record of building, leading, and developing teams in a high-growth organization
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently, manage upwards expectations, and deliver results in an efficient and effective manner
• Ability to navigate through ambiguity, collaborate effectively, and build consensus in a highly matrixed environment
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qe4m-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.