Vice President, Rights Management (Paramount+)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The VP Rights Management will partner cross-functionally across Legal, Business Affairs, Strategy, Programming, Content Management, Content Acquisitions, Product, Video Operations, Marketing and other teams for the end-to-end management of our digital rights, keeping parties abreast and informed on our rights across our owned and operated platforms, including Paramount+ and PlutoTV, as well as our partner platforms! This person will oversee the management of our third-party rights management system, again working with the key internal partners, and drive the execution and oversight of a recently launched tool that will give us the ability to better scale and care for our varied rights profiles, and more accurately serve the internal parties who require this information.
The VP will be responsible for the end-to-end management and implementation of the Paramount Streaming Group's content rights across various platforms, including, Paramount+ and PlutoTV! This role will also build and oversee the team that maintains the rights management solution to meet the scaling and complex needs of the dynamic streaming business. Successful candidates will be proven leaders and great teammates, self-starters, critical problem solvers, and highly experienced in digital content rights management, development and maintenance of rights management systems.
• Lead & develop an expertise in Paramount's digital rights and content License agreements
• Synthesize and collate digital rights and contractual obligations through rights management system across various content models (OTT, SVOD, FVOD, AVOD) and platforms for domestic and select territory distribution
• Effectively disseminate content rights information to support the internal partners (Business Affairs, Business Development, Legal, Finance, Content Strategy, Content Acquisition, Product, Partnerships and Operations) ensuring proper implementation
• Maintain and administer Whip Media rights management system
• Drive new processes and find efficiencies for digital rights management to support growing digital OTT and SVOD businesses
• Implement routine strategies for ensuring data integrity and quality assurance of implementation
• Create regular and ad hoc reporting and presentations for senior management and key business unit collaborators around streaming and content distribution rights
• 7+ years of experience in digital rights management within a media or OTT SVOD service(s) or digital MVPD(s); experience in broadcast television digital business models is a plus
• Experience building, leading and managing a team of several direct reports across emerging business models
• In depth knowledge and hands-on experience building or developing digital rights management tools; experience in database creation and management
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, AirTable, Google Sheets and working with large data sets
• Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external partners
• Strong attention to detail, highly organized, deadline driven, with an ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities
Hiring Salary Range: $175,000.00 - 200,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyzj5-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.