Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount is seeking a Technical Program Manager, Live Services for the PMO team. We are the PMO for Paramount+ at Paramount Streaming, that includes unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our program managers, release managers, project managers and scrum masters bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same! This role will ideally be based in the Burbank, CA or San Francisco, CA area with some onsite work required.
You are a solution provider, change-agent, guide of jugglers, and keeper of the agile process for your teams. With a passion for process, you will mentor your teams and lead several distributed project teams from start to finish. This role is looking for someone who loves the Program Manager role, working with technical backend teams, and making things happen! You will know what it takes to lead complex projects involving multiple customers, bring needed process improvements, and support a complementary team of collaborators.
Your Day To Day:
• Lead multiple video operations team workflows, task tracking, and project timelines
• Build and run team ceremonies with the goal of increasing transparency, cross team communication, and risk mitigation
• Work closely with the Live Services teams for ongoing integration and tooling projects
• Act as a representative from the team to the program teams in support of larger company initiatives
• Work with Product, Engineering and Operations collaborators to prioritize and coordinate development efforts to deliver on schedule
• Mentor, facilitate and maintain consistent and beneficial Agile process methodologies for the teams, driving process and visibility
• Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health not just for your own teams but supporting the PMO in reporting on all teams status
• Prepare and run project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs
• Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues and remove impediments for the team
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• 3-5 years multi-project management experience in a fast-paced technical (SDLC) environment.
• Scrum Master experience with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies)
• Technical Project Management experience with Live streaming technologies
• Experience with Content Management Systems, event based live streaming, business to business products, backend development
• Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack
• Deep knowledge of agile and traditional frameworks
• Extensive experience road mapping, planning, Gantt as well as encouraging iterative processes and feedback achievements in the SDLC
• A proactive, efficient, and resourceful communicator with the ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
• Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent work experience
• Basic proficiency with standard development software
• Strong organizational skills and ability to build good team habits
• Experience working in Web, Platform, Operations teams in technologies such as Java, Databases, Python and others
• Backend Release Deployment/Management experience via Cloud Environment such as GCP or AWS
• Experience with Bitbucket, GitHub and Jenkins
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g467kv-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.