Sr. Software Engineer (Remote)
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are seeking a Lead Video Engineer who will help drive our system's evolution. The candidate will be an integral part of the Paramount+ Video Engineering Team, working with other video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. We are responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of VOD and Live content streamed on over 15 platforms for CBS All Access! Our team is also responsible for the encoding and delivery of premium content to millions of users every day. The candidate will also be responsible for doing minimal video quality check, building, deploying and managing video encoding applications to cloud (AWS/GCP).
• Work with UI engineers to build scalable platforms for supporting Video management and publishing systems.
• Work with designers, product owners and stakeholders to define and validate visual requirements, user workflow and UI prototypes.
• Engage with engineers to maintain, evolve and modernize our existing video encoding platforms.
• Advocate the pattern of reusability by creating and publishing component libraries.
• Actively influence future innovations by following the latest and most efficient UI technology trends.
• Advocate culture of teamwork and partnership between UI engineers.
• Encourage an engineering culture that promotes test-driven development and long term product quality.
• Lead a team and work with developers for building our Live CMS platform for scheduling live events and 24/7 streams and build front-end tools for our video encoding platform.
• Build out microservices for our cloud (AWS/GCP) video processing workflows.
What you bring to the team
You have –
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with experience in enterprise software development.
• Experience with container technology and management such as Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience working with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud.
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation.
• Experience in programming languages such as NodeJs, Go, PHP or Python.
You might also have –
• Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming.
• Familiarity with modern video codecs like H264, VP8, VP9, AV1
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar, related field
Hiring Salary Range: $105,000.00 - 175,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpw090-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.