Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Production HR department is focused on creating an inclusive environment that supports all of our people, professionally and personally, to ensure that we can bring our best selves to work and drive creativity, innovation and results by connecting with the rich diversity of our employees, audiences and partners. To support this objective, CBS Studios maintains a high-service HR delivery approach that provides each show, writers' room and post-production facility with a dedicated HR Production Partner, redefining what HR means to entertainment production in the industry and helping create and support a work environment where there is zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination and/or bullying, and where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
• Production HR SR Manager assigned to productions is responsible for supporting the team's Directors and VP in day-to-day HR management of the production.
• Provides HR support to Producers, POC, APOC, & Keys, as well as front line support for all line-level crew.
• Handles routine to moderately complex employee relations matters in consultation with and at the direction of the Director and VP, along with Labor and the centralized Employee Relations team, for investigations into harassment, discrimination, or other complex or legally-based allegations.
• Partners with Labor Relations and Employment Law for performance issues, staffing change/termination requests, and incident-based behavioral concerns, as needed.
• In conjunction with the Org & People Development COE and Production HR leadership, develop and facilitate customized classes, sessions, and programs for productions (i.e., leadership training, unconscious bias, career pathing, etc.).
• At direction of HR leadership, ensure all assigned productions, writers' rooms, and post facilities timely receive all company-required trainings; may involve directly organizing and delivering, or directing the HR Coordinator to organize training and development offerings.
• Responsible for generating timely and thorough periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) reporting as required by leadership.
• Consult with and advise employees on various benefits issues, including eligibility, plan provisions, procedures, questions, and claims appeal procedures. Provide guidance regarding benefits plans and policy interpretation. Process FMLA leaves and coordinate paperwork.
• Operate and/or pivot, as necessary, into generalist-type duties where needed, and manage projects with the group's senior leader.
• The incumbent is expected to remain connected and available to do business consistent with the schedule of their television productions, which typically may involve considerable off hours support.
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful incumbent will demonstrate and possess the following attributes:
• • excellent initiative, problem solving, and ''ownership'' of issues from initiation to conclusion with a spirit of ''arriving with solutions'' in mind and providing affirmative reporting on the issues rather than requiring more-than-occasional follow-up.
• a positive, collaborative, team-oriented approach with an eye towards pitching in and volunteering to help teammates get the job done.
• a strong ability to ''operate in the grey,'' managing HR communications and efforts consistent with the spirit of company directives while applying the appropriate tone, business judgment, and diplomacy to each unique creative, technical, and operational production environment they support.
• ''above and beyond'' client-centric approach.
Expertise and strength as a technician in HR-related law, policy, and practice in their local jurisdiction with sufficient core knowledge to learn other jurisdictions as assigned.
6 + years' experience in a high-volume, ER-intensive production-related environment, preferably entertainment, but individuals in other industries with the above-described attributes of a successful incumbent are encouraged to apply.
Demonstrated knowledge of at-least-intermediate-level HR and employment concepts relating to ADA, FMLA, and other local, state and federal employment law and practice, labor relations, and other HR disciplines. PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other certification highly preferred; masters or higher work in HR, labor relations, business or related fields also a plus.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz62j7-18-206-14-36-42 in your application.