Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA; PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, its portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the US television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The Paramount Tax Department is seeking a strong Senior Tax Analyst professional to join our New York City tax practice! Reporting to the Tax Director, this role supports the Paramount business unit in all domestic tax compliance and accounting functions. The individual will interact most closely with local accounting personnel at the business unit as well as regularly with all levels both within the department and throughout the various departments of Paramount Finance.
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate information requests with business unit
• Preparation and/or review of all federal tax return compliance
• Preparation and/or review of quarterly estimated federal payment/extension calculations (book-tax adjustments, supporting work papers, comparative variance analysis).
• Preparation and/or review of updates to quarterly calculations to support ASC 740 rate forecasts as well as cash forecasts provided to senior management.
• Hands-on assistance with annual analysis and reconciliation of gross temporary differences
• Participate in analysis of tax sensitive accounts and evaluation of tax aspects of contemplated transactions
• Conduct income tax research and assist with special projects (such as calculating impacts of proposed tax method changes) as needed.
• Mentor/coach the junior member(s) of your team.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant Finance field is required
• CPA and/or Masters in Tax is preferred
• 3-5 years of Public Accounting and/or Corporate Tax experience required; tax experience within or servicing the Media & Entertainment industry preferred.
• Strong understanding of book and tax accounting
• Knowledge of and interest in research within the Federal Income Tax Code and Regulations
• Proficient with Corptax software and Excel, experience with SAP and Oracle a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and collaborative teammate!
• Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
• Strong commitment to meeting deliverables timely and effectively
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qb3y-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.