Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are looking for a Sr Scrum Master for the PMO team on CBS Interactive's software development teams. The ideal candidate keeps their eyes on the delivery goal while coaching their teams and leading several distributed project teams from start to finish. We want someone who loves the Scrum Master role, embedded with up to 2 cross-functional scrum teams (allocated across the U.S and Europe), and can make things happen! This position knows what it takes to lead complex projects, involving multiple partners with a complementary team of collaborators. Apple and Android domain knowledge and architecture is highly desirable. Does this sound like you?
• Handle the multiple scrum teams throughout the whole software development lifecycle
• Scrum Master of software development cross-functional teams, comprising of onsite / offsite engineers, QA, and an engineering manager
• Scrum Master for Apple, Android apps and OTT project teams including work with Infrastructure/SRE and API teams on backend technical roadmap initiatives
• Lead mobile releases across several teams by tracking fix versions in Jira and working with technical leads for deployments
• Collaborate with Engineering Core engineers and various partners to prioritize and coordinate development efforts to deliver on schedule
• Coach, facilitate and maintain a steady and beneficial Agile process methodologies for the teams, driving process and clarity
• Communicate with the business around teams velocity and projects health while supporting the PMO in reporting on all teams' status
• Prepare and lead project plans, documentation, risk mitigation and resource management as needed for cross-team initiatives and large projects/programs
• Resolve urgent issues and remove impediments for the team
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
What you bring to the team
• Scrum Master certification with deep understanding of all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies)
• 3+ years multi-project management experience in a technical (SDLC) environment
• Experience working in Mobile Applications and OTT development teams in technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, iOS, ANDROID
• Deep knowledge of agile and traditional frameworks
• Extensive experience roadmapping, planning, gantt as well as fostering iterative processes and feedback achievements in the SDLC
• Experience with Bitbucket, GitHub and Jenkins
• Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ideas in a fast-paced creative environment
• Able to travel occasionally between San Francisco and Los Angeles offices
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
You might also have
• SAFe Agilist certification in addition to ScrumMaster
• Expert Admin JIRA user
• Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, and streaming video
• 3+ years experience developing and maintaining Mobile applications
• Knowledge of advertising concepts (traditional and/or online)
• Knowledge of responsive design experience on Mobile, Desktop and Large TV screens
• Moderate to high proficiency with standard development software
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zpq6-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.