Is this the role for you?
The Paramount Total Rewards Finance & Reporting team supports the accounting and financial reporting processes related to the Global Total Rewards department (within HR) including, but not limited to, stock-based compensation, retirement plan reporting, health and welfare plan reporting, and redundancy reporting.
What will you be doing?
This is a newly created position that will be responsible for creating and managing a centralised international redundancy reporting process across all business segments. This position will work closely with the SVP, Total Rewards Finance & Reporting and team colleagues responsible for domestic redundancy reporting. Internal partners including International HR Business Partners, Legal, Finance/Controller Teams, HR Operations and Payroll. Specifically:
• Plan, implement and manage financial and accounting controls and support the administration process for a consolidated international redundancy process.
• Partner with International HR at multiple business divisions/ regions to gather ongoing employee exit information for international separating employees.
• Review high volume of redundancy calculations with International HR and Legal based on contractual entitlements, by-country employment laws and/or company practice.
• Ensure accuracy of detail calculations and spreadsheet formulas, and summaries for periodic reporting to Controller teams.
• Forecast timing of payments associated with anticipated separations.
• Assist Employment Law team on payment terms and values of contractual separations, as required.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of contractual separations in HR and payroll systems.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of non-routine redundancy related charges.
• Assist controller team as necessary in reconciling redundancy payments against accrual support.
• Work with external auditors to provide necessary support for audit testing
• Ad-hoc reporting related to separation payment estimates, and projected cash flow timing
• Ensure short-term incentive plan (STIP) payments for eligible separating employees are accurately accrued and are reported to Executive Compensation and FP&A on an as needed basis.
• Prepare and ensure accuracy of year-end STIP payment file for international exits.
• Participate in working group for implementation of international redundancy activities in Sales Force
• Partner with team colleagues responsible for domestic redundancy function for consolidated quarterly reporting to the Controller team, as well as knowledge transfer opportunities.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Vast experience in compensation, accounting, or another highly quantitative role
• Proven experience managing implementations and achieving goals and objectives
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in effectively dealing with sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams throughout the company
• Ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines and time constraints
• Advanced knowledge and experience of redundancy accounting and reporting strategies preferred
• Knowledge of by-country based international redundancy practices preferred
• Experience using Sales Force application and/or Success Factors payroll system a plus
• Experience in reading and interpreting employment contracts preferred
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
At Paramount in London, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, Channel 5, Comedy Central and many more, reaching more than 3.8 billion subscribers in 180+ countries and territories, via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive and where our employees make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team!
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You'll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we're doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
• A monthly streaming fund
• All the health and financial benefits you'd expect, and some you wouldn't
• Flexibility to own the way you work
• Mental health activities and support
• All manner of BBQs, socials and events
97% of our recent hires would recommend us to their friends and family, so what are you waiting for?
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
• Optimism & Determination | We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
• Inclusivity & Collaboration | We embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
• Agility & Adaptability | We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what's next
At Paramount, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. We take responsibility of being a Disability Confident Employer seriously and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for. If you require any support or assistance during the interview process, please let your recruiter know or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy2xnp-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.