Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Overview and Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced HR Director and strategic HR Business Partner to join our growing People team supporting Paramount Streaming in all its growth and initiatives! The HR Director will collaborate with various departments, and will partner with various key stakeholders to complete planned deliverables. This role reports to the Senior Director, People.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Create, design, and implement dashboards that are data driven, in order to improve multiple aspects of the business [turnover, DNI, Workforce planning, Compensation, etc.)
• Build strategic partnerships with all key department leaders to foster an environment of innovation, excellence, and entrepreneurship.
• Provide HR guidance and advice to department leaders on HR policy and procedures, balancing needs with best practice.
• Understand our business and how what you do helps it accelerate at warp speed.
• Supports Senior Director, People in coordinating programs in areas of learning and development, engagement as well as around diversity, equity and inclusion
• Heavy employee relations experience with ability to create and implement sustainable solutions.
• Oversee performance management processes and collaborate with other senior leaders
• Mentor and coach junior members of our HR team.
• Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource team including assistance with resolution of agreement and compensation, performance and benefits questions and concerns.
• Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
• Facilitate and monitor the implementation of standardized human resource processes
• Design, implement, and recommend best practices in the application of HR processes, systems and policies for all aspects of the customer experience employee lifecycle
• Partner with the People team on workforce planning, employer branding and diversity initiatives
• Oversee the immigration process with Legal Counsel on H1B Visa Transfers, Perm Processing, etc.
• Assist management with coordinating employee training and professional development programs
• With time and earned responsibility, take accountability for recruiting
• Performs additional related duties as required and assigned
• Coordinate and hold employee exits, share trends and action plans with the Head of People to proactively prevent regrettable attrition
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Master's Degree + HR Certification (SHRM, HRCI) would be preferred
• 10+ years of professional HR Leadership/or HRBP Experience
• Ability to develop strong working relationships across all departments, levels, and companies
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, and constantly changing [sometimes chaotic] environment
• Passion for learning, innovation, and organizational development
• Proactive, and can pick up skills/abilities at warped speed
Hiring Salary Range: $124,000.00 - 155,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2v4py-3-239-119-61-42 in your application.