Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the US in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Audience Acquisition team, part of the Paramount Digital Marketing Advertising and Operations Solutions (MACS) team. We serve as an internal data-driven media planning, activation, and strategy team available to all groups within the company. We work closely with the digital teams at Paramount Global providing high level, focused strategy and support for initiatives across the company portfolio. This includes but is not limited to Streaming Services (PlutoTV, Paramount+, Showtime), Brand Tune In Initiatives, Marketing Strategy & Corporate Communications, and Distribution & Business Development. MACS also acts as a centralized hub for all matters relating to data and technology within the digital media ecosystem.
We are looking for a Director on the MACS team. This person will be responsible for the planning of paid marketing campaigns, assisting with audience targeting strategies, media weights and partner mix to formulate campaign plans. You'll lead all aspects of the activation of approved campaign plans, serving as a point of contact for the MACS team, and working across departments to communicate updates as well as deliver wrap-ups & insights.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in paid media advertising, buying and optimization across multiple media channels and account management. They will have experience in planning, negotiating and buying digital media campaigns. They will show a strong work ethos. They strive to continually learn and grow their digital marketing skills. This will be a fun and fast paced role, so we are looking for an enthusiastic and detail oriented team-player to join our entrepreneurial team!
• Oversee the planning and building of paid digital media campaigns, driving to upper-funnel awareness and consideration goals across paid channels such as social, display, video, etc.
• Plan and build digital media campaigns using planning tools as such as Nielsen or comScore, understanding how to build for reach and frequency across target audiences
• Experience with Brand Lift Studies, setting up studies with paid campaigns. Ensuring collection and presentation of findings back to the media activation team or internal partners
• Comfortable presenting media plans and recommendations with rationale and insights to support media plans
• Serve as a point of contact for the MACS team, communicating campaign updates, incorporating collaborator feedback on media plans, and speak to insights & recommendations
• Stay on top of new paid media platform updates and features, provide POV and other recommendations on new opportunities and trends
• Lead and oversee campaign brand optimizations intra-flight and wrap-up reporting, based on goals and benchmarks, working closely with the performance marketing team to feed back audiences and insights
• Adjust and optimize marketing campaigns and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions in order to hit ROAS targets as directed using feedback & input from Senior leadership
• Complete special projects as needed
• Comfortable communicating across teams and levels
• Able to come up with creative approaches to meet business needs, assessing opportunities for testing to find incremental audience growth
• Contributes to ideas and solutions to meet business objectives
• Attend team meetings and department calls
• Monitor activities of competitors and provide industry trends and takeaways
• 7+ years of paid digital advertising and marketing experience, preferably with experience in running paid acquisition campaigns across paid search, paid social, programmatic or display
• Bachelor's degree or Technical degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, etc preferred
• Account management experience - ability to communicate across teams and effectively move projects forward.
• Passionate about paid digital marketing!
• Experience using any of the following advertising management tools such as: Google Marketing Platforms (SA360, CM360, etc), Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Acquisio, Kenshoo, Marin Software, Quantic Minds, SA360 (DoubleClick Search), Wordstream, MOJO SEM (by Mediaplex), Webtrends, Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM or CM)
• Understanding of common marketing key performance indicator metrics, their calculation and how the metrics pertain to the success of marketing activities
• Excels in a dynamic, data-driven, metrics oriented environment
• Self-motivated and able to work with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates to communicate back progress and updates
• Strong work ethic, proactive in communication and work delivery
• Attention to detail to minimize errors
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Google drive, Google documents.
• Agency account or client experience a plus
• Organized and comfortable using team collaborative software like Basecamp or Asana
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6264q-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.