Are you looking for a career that combines your payroll, accounting and HR talents? Wishing you could find a job that offers variety and a fun team environment? Bring your head for numbers and heart for people to the Oklahoma City Thunder! Our HR department is committed to making the Thunder an extraordinary place to work and a lot of behind-the-scenes support makes that happen, from payroll to compliance. This new position will act as a liaison between HR and finance on both regular semi-monthly activities as well as special projects such as annual budget. We process a complex multi-jurisdictional payroll, the success of which is determined by the talent and teamwork of the entire department. You will have the opportunity to bring insights to the table as we look for ways to continually improve efficiency and accuracy.
In this role you will:
• Support the payroll process by acting as an accuracy double-checker for the semi-monthly payroll, using critical thinking and your understanding of taxation to review totals and make comparisons
• Work with the HR Director to review employment contracts and ensure payment accuracy
• Assist with annual budgeting process with company salary and tax calculation entries using Prophix
• Assist with semi-monthly 401(k) and retirement plan reporting and analytics
• Review quarterly and annual payroll reports and filings for accuracy
• Research and stay up-to-date with tax and payroll laws that affect the jurisdictions in which we do business including changes to minimum wage, paid leave requirements, etc.
• Work closely with payroll provider to ensure accurate and timely filings and set-up and maintain state taxation accounts
• Run point on each of our annual audit requests and provide reporting
• Upload and edit payroll journal entries in Great Plains, reconcile monthly accounts and create reports
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
What you bring to the role:
• Minimum 2 years' accounting or advanced payroll experience required
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Outlook and experience with Excel including the setup and use of formulas, pivot tables and macros
• Deep understanding of employment taxes and experience recognizing the taxability of earnings or deductions for federal income tax, FICA, SUI, etc.
• Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality and the security of employee and company information
• Multi-state payroll experience a plus
• A deep dedication when it comes to meeting critical dates including payroll and tax filing
• Strong understanding of pre-tax earning and deductions, taxable fringe benefits, and the ability to accurately reconcile W-2, Box 1
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification or other specialized training preferred
• Experience using Paycom and Great Plains a plus
• Self-starter with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team or work independently as appropriate
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Director, Human Resources. Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in downtown Oklahoma City at Paycom Center.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, maternity and paternity leave, team shop discount, and much more!
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r791qq-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.