Job Title: People Operations Coordinator & Receptionist
Department: People Operations
Reports to: Director of People Operations and Talent
The People Operations Coordinator & Receptionist is a highly visible role, not only within the Oakland A's organization, but with our clients, guests and fans. You will serve as the initial point of contact for all employees and visitors entering the Oakland A's corporate office. You will also you have responsibilities in onboarding of employees, new hire paperwork, HRIS maintenance, employee engagement, and other duties as assigned by the Director of People Operations. The Ideal candidates will have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while upholding the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism.
Core Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of company culture.
• Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
• Responsible for the accurate data entry into the HRIS.
• Manage badge request activations and deactivation to the office and parking garage.
• Main POC for building request order forms.
• Assist Director of People Operations with Employee Engagement activities.
• Serve as the initial contact by answering main phone line, fielding inquiries and directing calls
• Greet, welcome and announce guests and provide general information regarding culture and history of the ball club.
• Guide visitor access through Envoy badging system, maintaining general security awareness.
• Maintain telephone directory, update call & distribution lists
• Ensure all incoming mail is distributed to mailroom and process all fan mail in feedback system.
• Maintain reception area in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Maintain office supplies such as parking validations and distribute to guests as necessary.
• Ability to take on projects from different departments within the organization when needed.
• Strong attention to detail required
• Minimum of 2-3 years of excellence in an administrative or clerical capacity required
• Substantive experience in managing confidential information with a high degree of discretion and excellent judgment
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal and business communication skills required
• Demonstrable level of excellence with regards to administrative and personal organization skills
• Excellent computer skills required, including MS Word and Excel
• Experience with ADP preferred
• Experience with HRIS systems preferred
• Mature and professional demeanor with excellent communication and a can-do-attitude.
• Team Player with excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Excellent phone etiquette with strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx80q-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.