Manager, Group Sales
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports to: Senior Manager, Ticket Sales
Job Classification: Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a Manager, Group Sales. This manager role is primarily responsible for overseeing the group sales revenue business, programs, and events. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Ticket Sales.
• Lead the group sales business plan with key group ticket initiatives including theme nights & events, large scale programs, special offers, and fan experience packages.
• Oversee all group sales processes including planning campaigns, sales timeline/calendar, group sales & retention events, along with continued training and on-boarding the ticketing team.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders on all group sales related efforts including our marketing, community relations, stadium operations, and business analytics departments.
• Maintain and develop relationships with important group sales clients.
• Implement year-round communication strategies to enhance the customer experience.
• Meet and exceed personal and departmental revenue goals set by the leadership team.
• Manage our key business partnerships with third party vendors & technology partners.
• Active ticket sales leadership member charged with supporting staff growth and development.
• Embrace and support fan development initiatives, creative ticket sales ideas, and community.
• Minimum 2-3 years of ticket/group sales experience, with a level of sustained success
• History of being a top revenue producer for a sports and/or entertainment organization
• Ability to multitask effectively and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to work cross functionally and execute large-scale events and programs
• Strategic business planner with process-driven mindset and attention to detail
• Strong passion for developing positive sales cultures and long-term growth of sales team
• Available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62j39-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.