Co-Host, Short Wave
A Senior Producer at All Things Considered does it all! Develops timely, original content for the show same-day….and takes the lead in initiating, researching and executing major show-based future projects.
A Senior producer works closely with show hosts¸ supervisors and editorial and production staff to draft scripts for daily and future broadcast and provides support for the host in preparing for daily interviews. The ideal candidate for this position will be passionate about supporting and growing up more junior staff through regular mentorship and guidance.
• Actively pitches forward-looking, news-driven stories that they book and produce for air on an aggressive deadline
• Actively organizes and disseminates information to coordinate both daily and future coverage
• Functions as a key influencer on shape, look, sound of content, assisting hosts and staff in organizing, focusing and drafting their stories and interviews.
• Edits tape and writes copy with very minimal supervision and direction.
• Works proactively with podcast, digital and engagement teams to make sure the show content is engaging audiences across all platforms
• Work various shifts, as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• At least 10 years of experience as a reporter or producer in the audio space
• Demonstrated writing, editing ability and experience in editorial decision-making
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Demonstrated skill in conceptualizing, planning and executing multi-part stories.
• • Preferred:
• Expertise in producing under breaking news conditions.
• Daily news experience.
• Broadcast experience.
• Experience in Digital Media, CMS.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v1m9-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.