Podcast Fellow, Code Switch
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Collaborative Journalism Network (CJN) is a new effort to increase partnerships between NPR and member stations across the country. The CJN team is helping regional news hubs hire station-based editors and reporters to boost local and regional news coverage.
This new position as a Recruitment Lead will be responsible for sourcing and assisting with search logistics for these roles at members stations and report to the Acting Managing Editor / Network Hub Content Manager. This is a 3 month temporary, non union, assignment. This is an opportunity to shape and sell the benefits of public media news across the U.S. NPR's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion extends to our listeners at member stations nationwide. Join our team to help us find candidates, including those from diverse communities, who will help us broaden the public radio audience and amplify voices that are sometimes overlooked. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has a true passion for connecting with people, driving diversity, and ''selling'' truly beneficial career opportunities to passive and active candidates.
• Actively source and connect with candidates with a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion
• Partner and engage with News leaders at Network Hubs across multiple states
• Partner and discuss hiring processes and logistics with NPR Network Hub Content Manager
• Create new processes for Hub recruiting standards and marketing Member Station career opportunities.
EDUCATION: 2 or 4 year Degree, relevant certification(s), and/or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years of experience as a News Recruiter or sourcer in media, public media, news, journalism, television, or radio.
• Must be able to encourage and create diverse candidate pools that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Ability to train managers and leaders on interviewing techniques, interview rubrics, and sourcing best practices
• Must be able to organize various requisitions and data across multiple states and entities
• Provide data driven metrics on progress, fill rate, and candidate declines
• Accurately track diversity data
• Accurately and consistently communicate status updates
• Create a pipeline of talent for future public media network use
• Partner with NPR constituents to advertise Member Station career opportunities on NPR.org
• Previous experience in a news media organization
• Previous experience as a journalist / reporter
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.