Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The NPR Events & Experiential Team is looking for a creative, passionate and highly-organized individual to join us as a Production Assistant. This role provides operational and editorial support to the team's largest initiatives, including the How I Built This event franchise and NPR's annual Tiny Desk Contest. In addition to supporting these seasonal initiatives, the Production Assistant is key to the team's year-round operational success. This is a great opportunity for someone with 1-2 years of events experience looking to take the next step in their event production career. This role will report to the Senior Manager, NPR Presents and Operations.
The ideal candidate has experience supporting high touch engagement events and experiences, and a passion for connecting people with news, cultural and music programming. The ideal candidate loves checking items off a to-do list, working collaboratively with multiple teams and stakeholders, and diligently searching for solutions to problems in order to drive results.
NPR Presents designs and executes innovative experiences that bring NPR content to people in real life and in virtual spaces. We set a high bar for production excellence, deepen engagement with new and existing audiences, create revenue opportunities for the organization, and strengthen relationships with NPR Member stations and other partners. From high touch engagement experiences like the Tiny Desk Contest and the How I Built This Summit & Fellows program to live presentations of Code Switch, It's Been A Minute and NPR Trivia Nights, our work is focused on meeting and inspiring our audience wherever they are, and the Production Assistant is a vital part of that mission.
The Production Assistant can be a remote position, but must be located close to a major US airport and will be expected to travel to Washington DC and other locations around the country to be on-site for live event production and other projects as necessary.
• Support production for How I Built This virtual and live events and initiatives, including live podcast tapings, the annual How I Built This Summit and the How I Built This Fellowship
• Support production and coordination of NPR's annual Tiny Desk Contest and affiliated live and virtual events, including Tiny Desk Top Shelf virtual video event series and the Tiny Desk On the Road tour
• Support operational projects for NPR Presents, including data gathering and analysis, expense tracking and invoice management, contract management, and meeting planning and scheduling
• Contribute to and execute NPR Presents communication strategy
• Support production of other NPR Presents events as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• As a member of the NPR Presents team, NPR's Programming division and NPR at-large:
• Cultivate and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
• Cultivate and support an inclusive and equitable workplace culture
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• At least 1 - 2 years of event activation experience
• Finger on the cultural pulse of diverse cultural landscape
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Highly organized
• Fluent in social media platforms
• Proficient in various digital platforms and tools
• Ability to both work independently and work well with others
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes and changing priorities and conditions
• Ability and willingness to travel around the country
• Ability and willingness to work varied shifts
• Familiarity and comfortability with data entry into Salesforce and managing Microsoft Excel
• Digital design abilities
• Basic video editing skills
• Familiarity with the technical language of theaters and performance venues and online event platforms
• Familiarity with the values of a nonprofit, media, and/or other mission-driven organization
Physical Demands of position.
Traveling; setting up and breaking down displays
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3zw1-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.