This is a union represented role covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA.
• Actively pitches forward-looking, news-driven stories that they book and produce for air on an aggressive deadline
• Actively organizes and disseminates information to coordinate both daily and future coverage
• Edits tape and writes copy with minimal supervision and direction.
• Works proactively with podcast, digital and engagement teams to make sure the show content is engaging audiences across all platforms
• Work various shifts, as assigned
The above duties and responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be assigned, and this job description can be modified at any time.
• At least 7 years of experience as a reporter or producer in the audio space
• Demonstrated writing, editing ability and experience in editorial decision-making
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system
• Demonstrated skill in conceptualizing, planning and executing stories
• Expertise in producing under breaking news conditions.
• Daily news experience
• Broadcast experience
• Experience in Digital Media, CMS
Minimum education experience required or preferred. (Ex: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience)
• Hybrid Permitted: This is a hybrid permitted role. Some aspects of this role include duties that are better performed at an NPR facility. The employee will be required to be onsite at the Washington, DC office at least 10 days a year. The employee must also reside in an NPR supported location based on the number of onsite days they choose.
• Audio editing
• News judgment
• Writing on deadline
• This is a full time, non exempt position.
Salary Range: The US based anticipated salary range for this opportunity is $110,000 plus benefits. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPR's benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
NPR Pay Range
$110,000 - $110,000 USD
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyme8-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.