Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The ideal candidate for this Producer position on All Things Considered will have background in audio news journalism, as well as a passion for meeting diverse audiences across platforms.
This Producer plans, produces, edits stories; rotates as assigned through all shifts, reports and writes original stories and story elements; creates multimedia content; acts as a decision-maker in look, feel, and sound of overall presentation while undertaking complex daily and long-term projects
• Initiates, plans and produces program material for that day's show and for future shows
• Consistently generates timely and thoughtful story/interview ideas.
• Reports and writes for broadcast and publication
• Works in the field with reporters and hosts as assigned (including projects requiring extensive research and editorial judgment.)
• Ability to work proficiently on digital platforms; ability to adapt to changes in equipment, software and workflow.
• Ability to work quickly and independently
• Ability to communicate clearly with staff in other departments at NPR to coordinate coverage
• Demonstrated news judgment
• Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Able to work in-person on-site, as well as remotely, and on various shifts as assigned
• At least four years of broadcast experience including experience working across platforms
• At least four years of experience in daily news production
• At least four years experience in editorial decision making with demonstrated ability to exercise solid, independent news judgment.
• Familiarity with a range of subject areas such as world news, business, science, and arts.
• Demonstrated excellence in news writing and copy-editing, especially on deadline.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes, with changing priorities/conditions.
• Understanding of journalistic ethics.
• Proficiency with digital and multimedia production
• Passion for connecting with diverse audiences on a range of platforms
• EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in journalism
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with SAG-AFTRA. The minimum annualized salary for this position is $90,000.
NPR mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law and any other applicable law.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81kqx-54-80-252-84-42 in your application.