As an integral part of the Finance/Payroll team and reporting directly to the Director of Payroll, under general supervision, the Payroll Administrator III is responsible for various complex and specialized duties related to processing NPRs and NPMs payrolls and related reporting.
Payroll processing - Timely and accurate calculation and processing of biweekly payroll for approximately 1,100 full-time, part-time, exempt, non-exempt, temporary, union, non-union, domestic and international employees, consistent with federal and state wage and hour to include:
• Collaborates cross-functionally with the People Team on employee changes affecting pay and benefits, ensuring changes are compliant and processed accurately in conjunction with the Company's policy and applicable federal, state, and local tax laws.
• Ensuring data integrity related to new hires, rehires, temporary workers, terminations, transfers, promotions, pay rate changes, work location, and address changes. Reviewing payroll tax setup for accuracy based on employees' live-in and work-in locations.
• Manually calculate retroactive payments and adjustments.
• Reconciliation of wages, taxes, and deductions and timely resolutions to discrepancies.
• Working with Accounting and payroll vendors to ensure bank funding for payroll, direct deposits, and/or live paychecks.
• Ensure timely and accurate third-party payments, i.e. tax entities, worker's compensation, retirement contributions, union dues, and wage attachments.
• Assists with quarterly and year-end wage and tax reconciliation processes.
• Independently process voids, manual checks, and reversals as needed.
Time and Attendance – Serve as the subject matter expert and/or resource in the area of Dimensions T&A System.
• Reviews employee timesheet statuses and follows up on missing or unapproved timesheets and leave requests.
• Ensures payroll systems (Dimensions Time & Attendance, UKG Web Portal Payroll, etc.) are set up, updated, and maintained to reflect the current employee base and pay groups, wages, compensation, benefits, time accruals, and union rules.
• Trains new employees on Dimensions Time & Attendance module during new hire orientation.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for the Payroll department. Timely investigates, resolves, and remediates all payroll discrepancies such as paid-time-off (PTO) usage, direct deposit, wage garnishments, retroactive pay adjustments, employee taxes, etc.
• Serve as a backup in the Payroll Directors' absence, including running the entire payroll process and timely responding to requests and inquiries from the Legal team and upper management within the organization.
• Supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
• Maintains payroll policies and procedures guide for the organization. Evaluates payroll processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Bi-weekly and Monthly Reporting
• Payroll Funding/Wage Garnishments
• General Ledger
• Union Rosters & Dues Reporting
• Assist the People Team with responding to VOE and UI Claims
• Assists in special projects as assigned by the manager
• CBA Union Negotiation meetings and reporting requests
• Year-End Closing
• Tax Registrations and Amendments
• System integrations, upgrades, and/or updates and verify test results for accuracy
EDUCATION: Associates Degree or equivalent in work experience
This is a hybrid-permitted role. The employee must be onsite at our Washington, DC office at least 10 days a year. The employee must also reside in an NPR supported location based on the number of onsite days they choose.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with multiple locations.
• Previous experience processing union payrolls.
• Experience with UKG Web Payroll, Dimensions Workforce Management Time & Attendance systems, and Business Intelligence desired. Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Ability to accomplish a full range of duties independently with occasional assistance and exercise sound decision-making and independent judgment.
• Communicate clearly and concisely; respond appropriately and effectively internally and externally.
• Organize work and set priorities for various projects and tasks effectively, efficiently, and accurately while meeting deadlines
Salary Range: The US based anticipated salary range for this opportunity is ($70,000-$75,000) plus benefits. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Hourly Rate: The US based anticipated hourly rate for this opportunity is (33.65 - 36.06) per hour. The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum hourly rate NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
Benefits: NPR offers access to comprehensive benefits for employees and dependents. Regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in NPR's benefits options. Benefits include access to health and wellness, paid time off, and financial well-being. Plan options include medical, dental, vision, life/ accidental death and dismemberment, long-term disability, short-term disability, and voluntary retirement savings to all eligible NPR employees.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you.
The range displayed reflects the minimum and maximum salaries NPR expects to provide for new hires for the position across all US locations.
NPR Pay Range
$70,000 - $75,000 USD
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and Instagram. Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03kp1-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.