Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Human Resources Generalist will provide quality human resources support to NPR's Newsroom workforce. This role will provide counsel and guidance on all HR matters, aligning our HR strategies with NPR's business strategy and key strategic priorities by delivering and promoting best practices, effective tools and processes, change management, and employee engagement and talent management initiatives within assigned departments. This position is located at NPR headquarters in Washington DC and will report to the HRBP Senior Manager of News & Programming.
• Serve as an HR advisor, coach and partner to News leadership, managers and assigned client groups within the News Division.
• Provide performance management guidance to News Division managers including guidance on delivering effective feedback that results in increased performance and team engagement.
• Develop strong working relationships and partner with HR specialists to provide seamless HR support and guidance to the News Division including: Employee & Labor Relations and Investigations, Talent Management, HRIS & Compensation, Career Development & Learning, and Benefits.
• Closely coordinate with the Talent Acquisition team, HRIS & Compensation, and managers to create a diverse pipeline of talent for the News Division and advise on competitive and equitable offers.
• Maintain an inclusive work environment through effective employee relations practices. Provide News Division employees with guidance and interpretation of NPR's HR policies and collective bargaining agreements where applicable.
• Lead and/or contribute to organization-wide Human Resources projects and initiatives.
• Partner with NPR Legal and Labor Relations to effectively support News Division employees.
• Review and triage employee concerns and advise on next steps.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• Minimum of 6 years of Human Resources experience
• Broad business and financial understanding and ability to apply to human capital implications
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide strong consultative skills
• Adept at communicating effectively across all levels of internal and external stakeholders while inspiring confidence
• Proven success communicating key HR initiatives via the most appropriate mix of media channels
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to understand, interpret, and apply applicable federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, guidelines, and regulations.
• HR Generalist experience
• Labor relations experience
• Previous experience in the media industry
• PHR or SHRM-CP (or higher)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7m0w-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.