Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Corporate Communications Assistant/Coordinator will support the basic functions of NPR's corporate communications efforts. They will contribute to a fast-paced, creative, and collaborative team, and focus their support on providing support to NPR's internal communications and talent relations functions, as well as providing administrative support to the team and VP for Corporate Communications.
** Please note a cover letter and a minimum of two writing samples are required to apply. The writing samples can be brief. They can be from any writing you have done, for example, a personal blog, newsletter, or school work. What you pick is up to you. We are asking for these writing samples in order to get a better sense of your writing style and approach. **
• Pitch, write, edit, and proofread content for employee communications, including the daily internal all-staff newsletter and NPR Intranet.
• Update content on and draft content for the NPR Intranet using a CMS.
• Provide administrative support to NPR's internal communications platforms and tools, including maintenance of newsletter service and digital messaging boards.
• Provide logistical, planning, and communications support for internal virtual company meetings and events, as well as sponsored conferences.
• Provide support to NPR's Talent Relations process including receiving and tracking requests for NPR talent to speak at external events, coordinating logistics for staff speaking engagements, supporting the creation of speaker tool kits and event materials, and
• maintaining a master calendar of confirmed events.
• Provide administrative support to the Corporate Communications team and VP for Corporate Communications as needed.
EDUCATION: BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or any other related field of study preferred but not required.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills are a must. (All applications must include a cover letter and writing sample.)
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are a must.
• Self-awareness, positive attitude, willingness to pitch in, commitment to shared wins, and flexibility, and the ability to communicate with diplomacy, tact, and perspective in high-pressure situations.
• The ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to all audiences.
• Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, fast paced environment.
• Previous work experience (internships, part-time work qualifies).
All applications must include a resume and cover letter describing the applicant's interest in the position and relevant qualifications, to be considered. The cover letter will give us a sense of your writing style and voice.
• Basic photography/video skills.
• Familiarity with basic HTML.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a plus.