The Content Operations department manages the production systems and resources used by the News and Programming Divisions. We oversee, design and implement the tools, processes and services used to produce and deliver content to NPR's various platforms. We work closely with colleagues in News, Programming, Technology, Digital Media, Member Partnership, Finance and others to develop best practices, improve workflows, and ensure proper support for cross-divisional editorial and content initiatives for NPR and Member stations.
The Associate Project Coordinator will assist with developing, implementing and administrating an operational framework for the onboarding and ongoing support of regional stations, or ''hubs'', and their use of NPR content production tools. This role will work across NPR departments and Member stations to gather project requirements, communicate plans, create documentation, and coordinate stakeholder activities as well as project deliverables.
This is a full-time temporary grant-funded position for 18 months.
The ideal candidate must have project management experience, preferably, working with teams on large-scale software development projects that involve multiple stakeholders and organizations. They will work primarily to help coordinate hub adoption of NewsFlex and its suite of tools. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate an understanding of content production from ideation to multi-platform presentations. Experience with public media is a plus. The candidate for this position should be able to manage multiple projects at once, is detail oriented, proactive, and customer service-oriented.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in journalism, communications, media/audio, content production or another related field.
• Work with Station Hub team members to determine objectives, scope, timelines, and success metrics for the implementation of NewsFlex tools for collaborative journalism network station hubs.
• Assist the Content Operations leads and works closely with them to iterate on our processes, tools and product development, identify and help clear roadblocks, and implement solutions.
• Help develop regular communications to ensure Hub team member transparency on initiatives.
• Plan and facilitate meetings for constituents at various levels of seniority and/or technical proficiency.
• Implement and continually assess processes to ensure they meet specific project goals, while being flexible enough to accommodate new requirements and diverse work styles.
• Builds consensus and help foster an inclusive, collaborative work environment that empowers all project participants and supports team accountability and dedication to mission.
Experience in end-to-end project management and familiarity with project management and digital collaboration tools.
Ability to work with a cross functional team of editors, programmers, designers, and senior management on large-scale projects
Ability to process information and solve problems quickly, including escalation
Ability to collect, organize and disseminate critical user experience information
Ability to implement/facilitate user experience testing
Ability to create presentations to convey information about tools
Excellent verbal and written communication
Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage complexity and prioritize multiple projects
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Knowledge of audio/video post-production practices
Familiarity with journalistic practices
Familiarity with content management systems
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv3m0-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.