Set Production Assistant
New York, NY
Interactive Producer (Play Designer) Play Noggin - Interactive
Job Type: Project Based Employment
Description Noggin from Nick Jr. is a leading interactive learning service for families with young kids. We help children develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also give parents important tools to help their kids thrive. A multi-platform direct-to-consumer offering, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. The Play-Along Video (''PAV'') team is one of several groups producing content for the Noggin app. The PAV team focuses on learning-led interactive media. All content produced by this group is guided by Noggin's curriculum framework. We are building a team of highly motivated, diverse and capable individuals who are eager to work in a startup-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative and innovative organization. What We Need in a Play Designer As a Play Designer, you are inventively creative. You love coming up with novel ideas for interactive media and know how best to shape a kid-centric experience that is simple, playful, and engaging. You consider the entire user experience. You consistently seek ways to spark a child's imagination and support development of a creative mindset.
• Produce exciting interactive learning-based content for kids that aligns with business objectives from development to completion.
• Create and write concept briefs, interactive design documents, logic flow charts and wireframes, logic scripts, and dialogue scripts
• Work closely with the team to ideate and problem-solve interactive experiences that may require a specific animation or authoring solution
• Attend talent audio recording sessions and maintain audio library
• Review design, animation, audio, and all builds (prototypes, alpha-through-delivery)
• Work with the team to track bugs and feature requests in JIRA while clearly communicating updates and properly escalating concerns
• Work closely with partner teams (ie. Consumer Insights, Learning Team) to ensure content is engaging, highly usable, and effective
• Research popular kid-based apps and products including digital games and learning programs and serving as a team expert in industry trends and competitive products
• Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic and fast-paced environment
• Extremely detail-oriented, organized and thorough, able and willing to refine work to a high degree of polish, while also identifying priorities during final stages of signoff
• 4+ years experience in kid-based games or interactive content production
• Experience with interactive media production for our target audience of 3-5 year-olds
• Solid understanding of children's learning with digital media
• Experience building with adaptive learning technology
• Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of production processes including: planning, design, technology, art, audio, build reviews
• Effective collaborator with show creators and other creative contributors and stakeholders
• Exhibit excellent communication skills
• Written, verbal, and interpersonal
• Knowledge and passion for kid-based interactive media, apps, games, & production
• Able to work within technical limitations and find creative and technical solutions to issues that arise
• Must be able to manage multiple projects with varying scope simultaneously under intense deadlines
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, and Excel
• Ability to learn new software development environments and systems quickly and adapt to new methods of production
• Exhibit a keen eye for humor and design
• Interest in Preschool TV-Interactive writing a plus
• Basic skills for Photoshop and Audition a plus
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8j5j-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.