Account Coordinator- Lifestyle/ Consumer
Los Angeles, CA
Nickelodeon, now in its 42nd year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location based experiences, publishing and feature films. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Paramount Global.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Nickelodeon is seeking a dynamic, driven teammate with excellent written and oral communication skills to join our West Coast Content Publicity Communications team! The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of PR, proven media relationships, and experience developing press campaigns, writing press releases, executive announcements, and key messages for talent and executives. This is the perfect opportunity for a creative, strategic problem solver with an affinity for details, a strong work ethic, a positive outlook, and the ability to multitask.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Build and implement strong publicity campaigns for Nickelodeon animation and live-action series and TV movies.
• Develop and write press materials including press releases, internal and external executive announcements, key messages for executives and talent.
• Pitch all areas of media including TV (morning shows, daytime and news programs), teen/tween, animation, music, digital, sports, blogs and secure trade and consumer coverage in all areas of media.
• Coordinate and manage satellite media tours, set visits and press junkets while working closely with on-set production, executive producers and show creators.
• Handle talent-related issues with respect to press.
• Work with talent on press carpets, premieres, awards shows, and covering interviews.
• Partner with internal lines of business including Paramount+, current and development series, marketing, social, talent, production, legal, and photography, for press-related projects.
• Manage relations with PR firms, show creators, talent agents, and managers.
• 5+ years experience in entertainment communications.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Very strong writing and pitching skills (writing test and samples required).
• Proven relationships with reporters across TV, consumer, trade, teen/tween magazines, weeklies, online, blogs and business media.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the PR field with experience in press campaign development and execution of creative, strategic and well-thought communication plans.
• Independent and strategic thinker, able to take initiative and follow through on projects.
• Ability to generate and present original work and concepts in company-wide meetings.
• Previous talent media training and executive prep experience.
• Crisis communications experience.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Flexibility to travel, and work evenings and weekends as needed.
This position is based at Nickelodeon's headquarters on the Paramount Pictures lot in Hollywood.
Hiring Salary Range: $80,000.00 - 90,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzzz01-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.