Post Production Coordinator, Animation
TIMING DIRECTOR - FREELANCE (SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS UNIVERSE)
Overview and Responsibilities
REPORTS TO: Line Producer
• A timing director follows directions provided to complete clearly the digital exposure sheets.
• Thoroughly review entire episode to ensure continuity.
• Follow directions which may include slugging storyboard and/or animatic
• Lip assignment
• Redlining digital x-sheets
• Implement relevant notes.
• Communicate to appropriate key production personnel the status of work and any problems that may arise; suggest appropriate solutions to the problems.
• Work closely with checkers to ensure all appropriate materials are complete and correct.
• Attend final checking meetings.
• Help with timing revisions for retakes; assist with creative retakes.
• Meet deadlines; time required amount of footage per week.
• Oversee completion of storyboard revisions.
• When needed, assist with EMRs and animatics.
• When needed, generate mouth charts.
• Ensure desired quality and style of show is met.
• Assist with special projects.
• Drawing ability is a plus.
• Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced production environment
• Good time management skills; good multi-tasker
• Thorough understanding of animation and film language and process.
• Ability to prioritize.
• Ability to work in high pressure, demanding environment.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Good time management skills; good multi-tasker.
• BA/BS preferred.
• 3 – 5 years of animation timing experience and/or training with a minimum of 2 years experience as an Animation Director/Timing Director; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life.