About The Brand
For over 30 years, the Nickelodeon Animation Studio continues to be one of the largest producers of television animation in the world, reflecting all kids today. Based in Burbank, Calif., with offices in New York, the Studio, designed by our artists and for our artists, is home to the world's greatest creative talents. Our campus of creativity houses top-notch talent, storytellers, artists, production teams, voice actors, cartoon experts and more. At Nickelodeon, we are always looking to recruit dedicated craftspeople to help bring groundbreaking new ideas to life and that starts with you! We are leading the way in animated content for TV series, TV movies, shorts and theatrical features. Some of our new upcoming original animated series include, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, Rugrats, Middlemost Post, Star Trek: Prodigy, Big Nate and Santiago of the Seas, among others. Our content development teams are creator-driven, our work culture is collaborative, our mentorship of new talent is second to none, and we are committed to hiring inclusively to reflect authenticity in the diverse stories we want to tell. Join us!
Overview and Responsibilities
*position will start as work-from-home for a period of time until we receive clearance to return to the workplace*
We are creating first rate animation for all ages from pre-school through big kids with exciting opportunities across our many platforms including shorts, current series and movies.
• The duties of the Picture Editor include the full scope of the editing process on the show, from initial import and assembly, to final online, and outputs. This person is the repository for all day to day working knowledge of the Post Production editing process on the show.
• Duties include receiving, importing, organizing, and assembling of picture materials, offline and online editing, secondary effects, titling, color correction, various QuickTime encodes, and outputs to various interchange, delivery, and archive file formats. Also, performing insert edits for QC fixes to digital files using Cinedeck or similar software.
• This person should be highly organized and have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used (Avid).
• Will work with the Creators/EP's, Director, and the production staff in order to guide the show into its final state. Therefore, they must be able to quickly and effectively render these requests while keeping schedules, technical standards, and deadlines in mind.
• Extensive knowledge and experience editing television episodes in Avid, including import/export to/from all final delivery file formats is required.
• Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, and Storyboard Pro knowledge a plus.
• Bachelor degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.a
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation
Nickelodeon Animation is proud of our celebrated past, but we're not resting on our Bikini Bottoms. We're always looking to the future, for both creative talent and the dedicated craftspeople that bring groundbreaking new ideas to life.