• The Assistant Online Editor supports the Picture Editor in handling the full scope of the editing process on the show, from initial import and assembly to final online, and outputs. In addition to the Picture Editor, this person is the repository for all day-to-day working knowledge of the Post Production editing process on the show.
• Duties include receiving, importing, organizing, and assembling picture materials, offline and online editing, secondary effects, titling, color correction, various QuickTime encodes, and outputs to various interchange, delivery, and archive file formats. Also, performing insert edits for QC fixes to digital files using Cinedeck or similar software.
• This person should be highly organized and have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used (Avid).
• Will work with the Creators/EP's, Director, and the production staff in order to guide the show into its final state. Therefore, they must be able to quickly and optimally render these requests while keeping schedules, technical standards, and deadlines in mind.
• Extensive knowledge and experience editing television episodes in Avid, including import/export to/from all final delivery file formats, is required.
• Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, and Storyboard Pro knowledge a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5j09-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.