Associate Producer - Animation
Animatic Editor (AVID - CG Animated Series)
• Receiving, coordinating, and importing materials (audio from EMR, picture from the storyboard department, etc.), building and editing the Animatic, then exporting and archiving Animatic materials.
• This person should be highly organized, have an encyclopedic knowledge of the editing system being used for Animatics (Avid), and will be working closely with a number of people requiring the ability to work well with others.
• The Animatic Process has now taken over as the main guide for all animation timing in lieu of x-sheets. It is also a tool to pitch to Network and other Executives so the attention to detail and the ability to build additional materials that serve these purposes is a meaningful skill.
• The Animatic editor will be responsible for cutting in all manner of library sound effects and temp music cues on their own and also under the direction of the show's creative directors and producers. The Animatic editor will also record scratch lines and lay them into sync. Lastly, the Animatic editor must make sure to keep clean and organized audio tracks - most especially the dialogue tracks as they will pass forward from Animatic and on to the final dialogue conform and mix.
• Most meaningfully the Animatic Editor will sit with many people on the production within a creative and technical environment to edit and finish the final show. This means that input from the creator, director, and other production people will be required to guide the show into its final state. Therefore the Animatic Editor must be able to quickly and optimally render these requests while keeping schedules and deadlines in mind.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with picture and sound manipulation in Avid, including all import/export to/from all file formats, and Photoshop is required.
• Storyboard Pro, Shotgun, After Effects, and Premiere Pro knowledge are a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Film Production, related field, or equivalent work experience.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pyy0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.