• The News Anchor/Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers as well as collects, analyzes and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
• Must join SAG-AFTRA union
Must be able to:
• The news reporter/Fill In Weather Anchor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 30 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej860-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.