2 NEWS is searching for a Weekend Morning Anchor/MMJ. This candidate will anchor the Weekend Morning newscasts and MMJ three days a week. This person would also fill in during other dayparts. We're looking for someone who is engaging with viewers in their on-air delivery on the desk. They'll have a knack for telling enterprise stories, They'll know the importance of the role social media plays in serving our community. We're looking for someone who is a team player and egar to learn and grow.
• Reports news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Shoots and edits news stories.
• Anchors Weekend Morning newscasts.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence.
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting (Depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The Weekend Morning Anchor/MMJ must be able to sit, conduct teltphone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Weekend Morning Anchor/MMJ must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control of feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67qpj-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.