Multimedia Journalist Photographer
The CBS affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a News Anchor & Multi-Media Journalist to gather, craft, and present content for television newscasts & specials, online, and on social media platforms.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Anchor weekend newscasts
• Produce weekend newscasts
• Break enterprise news stories (daily) on-air, online, and on social media channels
• Report live (daily) on-air, online, and on social media channels
• Participate in community functions and make public appearances on behalf of our station and company
• Dynamic, confident, and comfortable presenter from the anchor desk and live in the field
• Leverage insatiable curiosity and savvy interpersonal skills to cultivate sources, develop story leads, and regularly break exclusive enterprise and investigative content on all platforms
• Low-to-Zero call/approach reluctance
• Knowledge of the Freedom of Information Act and some practical experience using it
• Strong news judgment
• Never miss a deadline -- Highly organized and manages time very well
• Work well under pressure --- Ability to handle breaking news and last-minute changes with aplomb
• Superior writing skills --- A flair for tease writing highly preferred
• Mastery of AP writing style for the authoring of on-air and digital content
• Ability to post and manage content, engage with viewers, and cultivate story leads on social media platforms
• Familiarity with digital and social media metrics
• Confident and capable videographer who understands the components of visual storytelling and is able to gather compelling visuals, strong natural sound, and solid interviews with field video gear
• Confident, fast video editor
• Strong line producer -- The successful Anchor/Reporter candidate will line produce accurate, engaging, fast-paced newscasts which they anchor.
• Professional, collegial demeanor with colleagues and with members of the public
• Strong, candid knowledge of self and your capabilities
• A hunger to learn, improve, and share the experience with team mates
• Hate to lose and driven to dominate competitors
• Strong working knowledge of a digital content web publishing system
• Strong working knowledge of social media platforms publishing and metrics dashboards
• Strong working knowledge of video cameras and other field gear
• Working knowledge of still cameras
• Strong non-linear video editing skills required. Familiarity with Adobe Premiere video editing software preferred.
• Familiarity with ENPS rundown and story management system preferred
• Ability to operate field live transmission unit essential --- TVU experience preferred
• Ability to confidently and safely operate a motor vehicle
• Mastery of smart phone hardware and mobile app operation
Work Schedule is: As Assigned
Primary schedule is Thursday thru Monday 2:45pm – 11:45pm. Will also fill in for other news team members in other dayparts and on other days as needed. Community engagement responsibilities regularly occur during non-news times.
Email your resume and cover letter to News Director Gene Kirkconnell
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.