The News Videographer & Photographer shoots video for news station.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Shoots and edits video for news reports solo and with reporters.
• Conducts interviews, gathers information in the field.
• Operates TVU, microwave and satellite trucks in live remote situations.
• Utilizes mobile and new technology to post to station digital and social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Photography/Communications/Journalism, or equivalent combination of education and work- related experience.
• Minimum one-year experience working in news photography with linear editing required.
• Non-linear editing, Adobe Premier editing and live-truck operation experience preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with other broadcast related equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Photographer must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Photographer must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zw30-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.