Digital Engagement Editor
WGN-TV is looking for a per-diem writer and fill-in producer who can work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure .
• Writing stories and teases for broadcast and website
• Editing video and filing to shows and online
• Working with reporters and photographers in the field
• Ordering and filing graphics when necessary
• Assisting news producer in other areas as needed
• Will also be asked to produce on a fill-in basis
• Three (3) years of experience as a writer or producer of television news broadcasts
• College degree in Journalism or Mass Communications, or related experience
• Must have strong writing skills and news judgment
• Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to work flexible hour s
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.