WGN-TV is seeking an innovative sales leader with a zest for the broadcast /digital sales business.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to take the market by storm. Responsible for growing WGN-TV's advertiser list, developing new direct business revenue and growing WGN-TV's market share through the sale of commercial television spots, specials, sports and digital assets at the highest attainable rates. Expected to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with clients and agencies through frequent contact in person or by telephone and to promote the station and sell available airtime and digital solutions. Prepare sales presentations to sell commercial airtime and digital solutions utilizing available in-house ratings research materials, knowledge of the advertisers and agencies and their advertising needs, knowledge of the local marketplace competition and available station commercial time.
• Minimum of two years buying/selling television/radio/Digital advertising in a major market is preferred but not mandatory.
• Requires demonstrable knowledge of the local market, rating services, new business development, multimedia, available research tools and other means for creating non-traditional revenue i.e.(digital, social etc.)
• Requires analytical and technical skills to analyze the market, package, price and sell available airtime.
• Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with negotiate and influence internal and external contacts.
• Comfortable with Excel, PowerPoint a must; familiarity with Matrix, Wide Orbit a bonus.
• Valid Driver's License
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g444vy-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.