JOB TITLE: FULL TIME ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
• Facilitate pre-production and production requirements for daily live newscasts as required.
• Pre-production: Prep scripts, tech rundowns, server playout, Ross automation coding.
• Production: Coordinate News live shots with Newscenter operators and field crews. Manage newscast timing, track, and time commercial breaks, communicate time cues to field reporters, photogs and studio production crew, count in and out of pre-produced playback elements including vo/sots, teases, bumps and packages.
• Responsibilities include tracking status of edited content for playout. Create MOS objects and verify rundown updates and playlist status.
• Cross-training: Support Production Dept. operational redundancies. Develop multiple skill sets to capably operate as a relief Director and Material Management.
• Develop desktop editing skills (FCP/Adobe Premiere) and provide editing support when necessary.
• Track server playout status during live newscasts. Support the material management of News content archiving following daily newscasts.
• Assist in various capacities of non-News and Special Events production as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production, or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience directing or associate directing live News production.
• Team player.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Adept at positive communication. Can motivate, engage, and lead a production team.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a fluid and vigorous work environment that accompanies live News production.
• Current and comprehensive knowledge of fundamental News production technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Compensation - $69,804+ commensurate with experience and skill level
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2o22-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.