Anchor / MMJ
KSN is looking for a dynamic on-air host/video producer to join Good Day Kansas. Responsibilities include development of show themes and content, guiding guests through the appearance process including research and interviews for both in-studio and on-location shoots.
Successful candidate will have a minimum of two years' experience with pre-produced television content, on air interviewing, writing, storytelling, videography, non-linear editing and content generation skills. Ability to host and produce lifestyle segments both independently and cooperatively. Ability to self-promote in broadcast and social media. Ability to showcase stories, knows how to leverage web and social media to help drive ratings and gets the importance of engaging storytelling. Requires dynamic anchoring, shooting, editing, and interviewing skills. Must have strong editorial judgement, research experience, effective communication, project management and good written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to actively work with all departments (News, Sales, Creative Services, Master Control) at the station
• Must be able to make quick and sound editorial decisions
• Interviewing guests/clients both in studio and on location in a non-scripted, fun, lifestyle show environment
• Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects
• Competent in finding, shooting and editing engaging stories
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelors' degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum of two years' experience required
• Fluency in English required
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-camera presence
• Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices
• Proficiency with research skills
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and organizational skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Promote teamwork and maintain attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Flexibility to work varied hours as needed
• Operate computer systems, editing and camera equipment
• Use various digital and social platforms to share stories and interact with the public
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.