CBS Television Stations
WGN-TV is looking for a dynamic and creative producer for our top-ranked 4a newscast.
• Produces strong newscasts for a #1 show, while setting the table for the rest of the Morning News broadcast
• Works closely with Executive Producer, field crews and Assignment Desk to maximize daily resources and appropriately reflect the news of the day
• Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
• Writes captivating teases and reviews writers' scripts
• Works in the control room during the live newscast and communicates with the production staff and talent
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Minimum five years' experience in news operations
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Desktop editing skills preferred
• Leadership ability, positive attitude and creativity a must
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.