National Sales Assistant
The Studio Technician
operates various equipment (camera, audio, visual, graphics, lighting, or digital) used for production and/or transmission.
• The CBS affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Part-Time Television Production Assistant to perform duties for live and pre-recorded television broadcasts and webcasts including newscasts, breaking news, and other programming on air, online, and on social media platforms.
Duties (including but not limited to):
• Operate audio board, microphones, and IFB equipment
• Operate graphics systems
• Operate studio cameras
• Operate teleprompter
• Distribute rundowns and scripts to crew members
• Provide cues to on air talent
• Adjust and dress cables, equipment, props, etc. to maintain an orderly, safe, and clean studio space
• Monitor and adjust studio lights
• Communicate and collaborate successfully with journalists, presenters, technicians, fellow production staff, other station team members, and members of the public
Other Technical Skills:
• Confidence in general computer skills
• Video Non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere)
• Operation of studio and field cameras to record and transmit video for use in live and pre-recorded programs and segments
• Familiarity with and/or ability to quickly get up to speed on file formats and video codecs for ingest, encoding, and playback of assets
• Willingness and ability to train and acquire skills and knowledge to direct (switcher operation), produce live streams, operate routing gear, and the operate live transmission equipment (TVU, ENG, & SNG) in the field, is a plus.
Work Schedule is: As Assigned
Availability to work a set part-time schedule and regularly pick up extra shifts.
• • You will be required to consent to a Background Check and MVR.
• Please apply online at this Job Link.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.