Nexstar Media Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Sports Reporter/MMJ/Anchor who is an innovative and dynamic sports journalist for a newly formed duopoly in the Washington DC DMA, Market #9. The Sports Reporter/MMJ/Anchor will work with the Sports Director to launch new and expanded sports coverage and local programming on WDVM, WDCW (CW) and our digital assets in the market. Candidate must have a proven track record of chasing breaking sports news, showing great creativity and an ability to produce in the creation of compelling sports content across linear and digital platforms.
Washington DC is the center for the nation's politics, but the market offers so much more. The city is home to some of the best museums in the country from the Smithsonian to the National Museum of African American History and Culture to the National Archives. You will find year-round theaters with live shows, concerts, streets festivals and more. DC is also a sports mecca with professional basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer and more. There's plenty to do outdoors from the National Parks to bike trials. Washington, DC also boasts incredible food with more than 20 restaurants receiving Michelin stars in 2021 alone. It's a great place to live, and a great place to cover sports!
• The Sports Reporter/Anchor/MMJ produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Displays vast knowledge of teams, players and storylines, especially those relevant to the DMV at the high school, professional and colligate levels.
• Responds to breaking sports news and events and other situations as required.
• Travels as needed for sports coverage,
• Enterprises, develops and produces stories under strict deadline pressure.
• Coordinates with the digital team to make sure WDVM/WDCW sites and social media are properly updated.
• This person is the primary weekend anchor and fill-in for the Sports Director
• Ability to produce sportscasts within a newscast and produce a full stand-alone sports show
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum three years' experience in sports reporting (Depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to shoot and edit video and news packages
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz65v2-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.