Baseball QA Tester
San Diego, CA
ROLE: Daily production of a quality sports segments as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Accuracy, excellence in production techniques, writing, story treatment, relevance to the viewing audience, and ability to generate ratings.
• Stack and booth assigned sports segments or sports show
• Write sports highlights, stories, and teases
• Work with Sports anchors, reporters, photographers, and editors to ensure production of accurate, updated and engaging content
• Attend editorial meetings and pitch/vet story ideas
• Stay informed on current sports and news headlines
• Assist reporters with logistics and proofreading scripts
• Plan future segments and current sports stories and content dictates
• Maintain strong social media presence and use it to produce and promote content
• Assist news department with writing and producing when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a television newsroom.
• Must be able to work well under extreme pressure and deadlines
• Must have solid news judgment
• Must be a consistent and solid story writer
• Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
• Must interact positively and productively with others and take feedback
• Must be a leader in a strong team environment
• Must know how to edit video
• Must have experience boothing live shows
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail orientated
• Must be flexible with schedule and fill-in different shifts as needed
• May produce additional cut-ins, special reports or shows as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezzn5-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.