- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
We take sports very seriously in the SEC, and this is a rare opportunity to become a key player on the largest sports team in the State of Arkansas!
KNWA, KARK & KFTA are looking for a dynamic and multi-talented sports MMJ reporter/fill-in anchor to join our Pig Trail Nation team!
This Fayetteville-based talent will contribute to coverage for the NBC and FOX affiliates in Northwest Arkansas and the NBC affiliate in Little Rock, as well as on digital and social platforms.
This is not an entry-level position. We're looking for someone with a minimum of two years of professional experience in the field, at the anchor desk, and on digital.
The Pig Trail Nation is committed to covering the Razorbacks at home and on the road. We're live at every away football game. SEC Tournaments? We're there. College World Series? You better believe it.
If all you can do is play-by-play and locker room interviews, don't bother applying. We need a polished reporter/fill-in anchor with an energetic personality, a creative storyteller, a social media rock star, and - above all - a positive attitude and a drive to win. You'll be expected to develop relationships with contacts, dig up story ideas, and follow and break the biggest sports stories in Arkansas. Afterall, sports IS news in the Natural State!
This is not a 9-to-5 job. You will be an MMJ reporter, producer and fill-in anchor, and you will also shoot and edit your own stuff. You will write web stories and craft digital-exclusive content. You will post and go live on social media. You will make public appearances and get to know viewers in the community.
This is not a pit stop. We're looking for someone who will be committed to the Pig Trail Nation brand and to building strong ties in Arkansas.
If you think you have what it takes – apply online or send your resume and reel immediately to News Director Lisa Brence at [[EMAIL]].
NOTE: All resumes must include a link to on-air reel. If you do not have television experience or a link on your resume, your resume will not be considered.
KNWA-TV, KFTA-TV & KARK-TV are equal opportunity employers.
• The Sports MMJ Reporter/Fill-In Anchor produces and presents sports reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Shoots video for sports reports
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and eMedia content
• Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
• Posts content to and interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum two years' experience in sports reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Familiarity with Arkansas and/or SEC sports a major plus!
• Superior on-air presence.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Positive attitude!
• Strong social media and digital skills. Knowledge of Open Broadcast System, WordPress, iNews, Avid, Black Magic a plus!
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekjq1-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.