Multimedia Journalist Reporter
Our KX News station in Minot, ND is looking for an energetic sports anchor that can shoot, write and anchor. We want someone willing to go beyond nightly national highlights who truly loves local sports.
The Sports Director / Anchor produces and anchors sports reports for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Produces and presents sports reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all sports content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating sports programming and other content
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Works closely with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Shoots video for sports reports
• Sets up, composes and executes video shots
• Maintains video equipment
• Edits video clips for television broadcasts and digital content
• Writes stories for the website and other digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum three years experience in sports reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.