Executive Producer - News
New York, NY
Can you think big and execute BIGGER? Do you want to tell stories with integrity, live the principles of journalism, make our communities stronger and the world around us better? If so, come join us at WPIX in New York City, New York where Company is continuing to create the future of our industry with a focus on local community.
We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, surfers, gamers, musicians, actors, swimmers and every other mixture of diversity you can think of – we are a community of welcoming, mission-focused and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
• You are intrigued as you are already two paragraphs in and reading this job description.
• You let us know you are interested (apply, email, call, shout it from the rooftops).
• We call you and ask you to tell us more about yourself.
• You talk with more incredible team members.
• You meet the team in-person (and sometimes via Zoom or Facetime – technology is SO COOL these days)
• You tell everyone about your AH-mazing candidate experience and how thrilled you are to become a part of the Company team.
• Your friends jump on the bandwagon and join us too.
• Thorough Knowledge of Current News, Emerging Trends and What's Happening in the World of Entertainment
• Research, Develop, Plan and Execute Segments for PIX11 Morning News
• A Pro at Making Segments Smart, Serious, Fun and Must See TV
• You use graphics, props and anything else you can come up with to make your segments larger than life
• Work Closely with Photojournalists, Reporters and Editors to Produce Stories that fit the vision of PIX11 Morning News
• Work with The Executive Producer and Supervising Producers to make sure show vision and mission is executed
• Work with the Digital Team so a Segment or Story takes On it's Own Life on all Platforms
• Build Relationships with and Maintain a Rolodex of Show Contributors, Experts and Celebrities
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience at a television station, network or agency as an on-air writer/producer/shooter/editor
• Must be highly creative, innovative and have strong writing, video, original production and editing skills
• Must have attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must have strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Proficiency with non-linear editing equipment, specifically Adobe Premiere Pro
• Social Media Fluency
• Love and passion for news
• Great Attitude
• College degree/ Film/Production/Journalism
• Available to work weekends & evenings (when needed)
• Experience running shoots and original production
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.