The Site Producer role is responsible for crafting local news stories for woodtv.com (everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports), packaging broadcast content for a digital audience, curating high-performing content from wire services, and zoning homepage layouts driven by data. This role will contribute to building a loyal audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
• Publish several digital stories per shift (quick-hits, breaking news and reported pieces).
• Edit reporter content and package it for web.
• Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content based on analytics and visitor interests.
• Promote and distribute news content on social media.
• Strong AP-style writing, copyediting, grammar and story organization skills.
• Strict journalistic standards, including vetting, pitching and ethical treatment of the stories we cover.
• Contribute to long-term and special digital projects.
• Build a positive working relationship with digital director, digital executive producer and newsroom staff.
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously as needed.
• Ability to responsibly and respectfully interact online and over the phone with community members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field with focus on digital content.
• Engaging headline writer.
• Strong multi-tasking abilities.
• Strong news judgement.
• Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles.
• Knowledge of AP Stylebook and SEO.
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong communicator.
• Proficiency in MS Office and WordPress.
• A desire to learn and grow.
This is a full-time position (four 10 hour shifts with a one-hour lunch break) working Fri. – Mon. Hours are as follows: Fridays and Mondays 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays 5 a.m. – 4 p.m. Some coverage-based shifts as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqom0-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.