Remote / Virtual
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is immediately seeking a talented Senior Systems Administrator that will share our passion for market differentiation and excellence. The position of Senior Systems Administrator is available to the most qualified applicant.
The individual in this role will be responsible for maintaining, monitoring, securing, and optimizing our corporate infrastructure . This includes working with multiple groups to meet department SLAs, monitoring system utilization and networking performance, and performing disaster recovery procedures. The Senior Systems Administrator reports to the Director
of IT .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand what we have in place for communications .
• The candidate may be required to be ''on-call'' in a rotation schedule
outside of normal working hours, to remediate failing servers from home or the office, in order to maintain the company's high standard of service availability, and/or to perform off-hours system maintenance, such as security updates and software upgrades .
• Come up with ideas as to how to extend the platform for the benefit of various internal departments .
• Travel on occasion to various business centers we have inside US.
• Take business requirements from various departments and implement/extend the new functionalities in the SharePoint farm in place.
• Windows AD, ADFS, setup management and cleanup
• SAN, NAS & Hyperconverged experience
• Basic network and OSI understanding
• 6 + years' experience in most of the below
• MS Exchange, Active Directory and related tools
• IT management in a Microsoft environment
• Intimate K nowledge of
O365 and related toolsets
• Managing SCCM and VMM
• Proficiency in MS office and related toolset
• Strong experience with sc ripting and automation tools especially with PowerShell .
• Expert knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, AZURE and Hyper-V
• Microsoft software licensing
• Must be able to work independently or in a group as needed.
Working conditions and physical requirements
• t ravel required ( < 20 %)
• Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Performance duties require the employee to regularly reach with hands and arms, type, speak and hear
B ase salary /position category
• Salaried (exempt)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1op8m-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.