The Senior Story Editor works with host, executive producer and show team on the editorial vision and content strategy for the show. Further the senior story editor conceptualizes and develops plans to create compelling segments, series and special hours ranging from true crime to breaking news. The person is a big picture thinker committed to innovation, collaboration, and high quality production.
• Originate story, segment, series and special program ideas
• Develop and fine tune segments to effectively deliver on the show's brand
• Contribute guest suggestions and contacts
• Liaise with correspondents and contributors
• Coordinate with newsgathering, other show teams, and digital to elevate the show's reporting and content
• Write copy and copy edit other scripts
• 10+ years of journalism experience, including a strong background in writing, copy editing, and video production.
• Sound editorial judgement.
• Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects and tasks.
• Attention to detail and thoroughness is a must.
• Proven track record of team management with positive culture.
• Bachelor's degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5pxxe-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.