The NewsNation Senior Producer works with the EP, talent and team of producers to organize and build the daily live three-hour morning show. The successful candidate will contribute to the editorial and creative focus of the show, builds the rundowns, assigns stories, writes teases, copy edits scripts, and oversees production values of the show.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build rundown with strong editorial and creative judgement
• Manage staff workload
• Write and copy edit scripts
• Work with EP and host on story selection, guest selection, and overall focus of the show
• Works with the line producer in the control room and responds to breaking news quickly and calmly
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• 10+ years experience producing for a national news program.
• Strong news judgement
• Quick decision maker and creative thinker
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to adapt to change, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency with ENPS
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnn3y-3-238-204-31-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.