NewsNation is hiring a detail-oriented segment producer for the nightly program 'On Balance with Leland Vittert.' This role is Chicago-based. The Segment Producer is responsible for pitching stories, compiling research, writing on-camera copy and coordinating video and graphic elements. Candidates should have a passion for news and a knack for creating content that is both meaningful and provocative. The daily objective is to work with senior producers and on-air talent to fulfill our unique editorial vision.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify and pitch stories with specific editorial angles that are tailored to the show
• Collaborate and communicate with senior producers to structure and execute segments
• Research topic material and create compelling video and graphic elements
• Communicate daily story and segment development with senior producers
• Write intro copy, teases and prepare questions
• Create basic fonts/supers for use on-air
• Assist in the control room as needed during live show
• Fill in for Line Producer as required
Requirements & Skills:
• 3+ years of editorial experience in a fast-paced environment for a national news program (broadcast, cable or digital)
• Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize assignments under deadline pressure without losing focus on the details
• Strong editorial judgment as well as research, writing and production skills
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in world and national news, politics and current events
• Flexibility with hours, as the news cycle and deadlines warrant
• Experience with LexisNexis, ENPS would be valuable
• A bachelor's degree is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89bym-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.