Sand Mountain Reporter/MMJ (NE)
The Sand Mountain Bureau Reporter/MMJ must have an engaging on-air personality and the ability to make the audience feel, learn and want to come back for more.
This position will contribute to the content gathering of information for WHNT, the station websites and social media , on most days covering the Sand Mountain area: Jackson, DeKalb and Marshall Counties. There may be days the reporter will be assigned somewhere outside this region.
• Pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings
• Accurately report on a variety of subjects and break stories the competition doesn't have
• Shoot, edit, write and produce easy to understand news stories, including vo's, vo/sot's and packages
• Cover breaking news with a sense of urgency
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the Sand Mountain community
• Produce content and video for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 2+ years MMJ experience
• Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment-also must be a good newsroom citizen
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• A link to your previous on-air work experience must be provided upon application
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xmwy-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.